Teenager ‘stirred up antisemitism and posted terror video online’
18-year-old Damien Woolfenden will next appear at the Old Bailey on September 25 after alleged string of offences including posting manifesto of far-right terrorist Andres Breivik
A teenager accused of stirring up racial hatred against Jewish people and foreigners and sharing a video of a mass killing online has been remanded into custody.
Damian Woolfenden, 18, is accused of posting Christchurch terror attacker Brenton Tarrant’s live-streamed video of the 2019 killings onto the self-described “pro-white” platform White Pilled TV.
Tarrant fatally shot 51 people at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, and livestreamed his actions on Facebook.
Woolfenden also allegedly posted the manifesto of far-right terrorist Andres Breivik, who killed 77 people in two attacks in Norway on June 22 2011, onto a Telegram group, the court heard.
He is also said to have had on his home computer the manifesto of US white supremacist mass shooter Payton Gendron and German neo-Nazi synagogue shooter Stephan Balliet along with a firearms guide.
The teenager, who is of no fixed abode but formerly from Bury, Greater Manchester, is charged with three counts of publishing threatening written material stirring up racial hatred, one relating to foreigners and one to Jewish people.
He is also charged with stirring up hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation.
Woolfenden is also charged with two counts of transmitting the contents of a terrorist publication electronically being reckless as to whether terrorism was encouraged, and one of possessing documents likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism.
The Brenton Tarrant video posted by Woolfenden onto White Pill TV account is said to have had been viewed 1,000 times.
Woolfenden appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday via video link from HMP Forest Bank wearing a grey prison tracksuit.
He will next appear at the Old Bailey on September 25.
He spoke to confirm his name and date of birth and gave no indication of his pleas to the charges.
District Judge Briony Clarke said: “This case is too serious to be dealt with at this court. I am sending you to the crown court, and the next date will be September 25.”
Keep community journalism free.
Jewish News is free for everyone. No paywall. No barriers. Just trusted journalism for anyone who wants to stay connected to Jewish life in Britain.
If you value that, please support us.
From as little as £5 a month, you can help keep our journalism free and accessible to all.
Every day, we report on the issues that matter to our community. We celebrate achievements, support charities, challenge antisemitism and ensure Jewish voices are heard more widely.
From as little as £5 a month, you can help us continue to:
- Report on the stories shaping Jewish life in the UK and beyond
- Bring our community together through shared stories, events and campaigns
- Celebrate the people, culture and moments that define our community
- Support organisations doing vital work across Jewish Britain
You can make a one-off donation or become a regular supporter. Every contribution helps keep our journalism free, independent and accessible to all.
If everyone who values Jewish News gave a small amount, it would make a real difference to our future.






















